About the Conference
International E-conference on Law & Spirituality (ICLS) is an initiative of CLC and Ethiccraft Club with the aim to shed light on the intersection of Law & Spirituality and its contribution to the evolution of the legal system. Spirituality is the progenitor of ethics and morality which in turn have always provided a context for determining the validity of laws. A society could flourish more with amity and happiness where the law is in tune with spirituality while more conflicts have been observed in societies where law denies spirituality. The purpose of the law is justice which should have a higher spiritual quotient. Spirituality aims at “Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah” which means “may all be happy” and the same should be the aim of our justice delivery system. When judges and lawyers infuse spiritual values in enforcing laws, we could aim to achieve a better society.
Call for Papers
The purpose of ICLS 2021 is to identify the role and importance of spirituality in making, interpreting and enforcing laws. To initiate a dialogue on this important aspect and to foster research, ICLS invites you to submit full-length scholarly papers documenting original and substantial research work on the topic: “Law & Spirituality: Exploring the Bonds”
Professors, Researchers, Legal Practitioners, and Students from all over the world are invited to submit their Research Paper/articles on the theme of the conference.
Authors are to write on the topic mentioned below:
“Law & Spirituality – Exploring the Bonds“
The following sub-themes are indicative of its scope. The list of sub-themes is just illustrative and not exhaustive.
- Spirituality, Life, and Law
- Spirituality and Constitutional Morality
- Spirituality and Legal Interpretations
- Spirituality and Justice
- Effectiveness of Present-Day Laws in Managing Social Conflicts in the Absence of Spiritual-Prudence
- Spirituality and Family Jurisprudence
- Spirituality and Criminal Jurisprudence
Guidelines for Authors
- The Article/ Paper must be in English language only.
- The submission shall be made in Microsoft Word. (.doc or .docx format)
- Co-authorship is allowed upto a maximum of two authors.
- Only one submission is allowed per author/ team and multiple entries will lead to disqualification.
- There should not be any form of identification such as the name of the author/ team, name of the University/College on the article.
- The article/paper must contain an abstract of not more than 500 words including at least five keywords.
- The word limit of the article/paper is 3000-7000 words including footnotes and abstract.
- The article/paper should be an original work of the author/team that has not been published elsewhere or has not been submitted to any other organization.
- Main Body – Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5, Alignment: Justified
- Footnotes – Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 10, Line Spacing: 1.0, Alignment: Justified
- Margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- The authors shall follow the Harvard Bluebook Citation 21st Edition only.
- The abstract shall be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: ABSTRACT SUBMISSION LAW AND SPIRITUALITY.
- The final manuscript shall be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject: MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION LAW AND SPIRITUALITY.
- The author/ team is required to mention their name, address, contact info, e-mail ID, age, profession, last acquired educational qualification, name of the institution (if any) only in the email body and not elsewhere.
- Last date for Abstract Submission: 25th July 2021, 11:59 PM
- Last Date for Manuscript Submission: 15th August 2021, 11:59 PM
- Conference Dates – 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM, 27th August 2021 to 29th August 2021
Publication and Certificates
- Selected manuscripts will be part of the book – “Law and Spirituality” which will be ceremonially launched during ICLS.
- Certificate of Publication will be awarded to the authors of selected manuscripts.
- All the authors shall be provided with a Certificate of Participation.
For any further query, mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact: Mr. Vijay Pujari, Mobile No.- 7981778079