Call for Papers: Christ University (CULJ), ISSN 2278-4322 is a biannual peer-reviewed journal.
[Vol 10, Number 2]
Theme: Labour Law Reforms in India and its Implications
It is estimated that our country has more than 44 central legislations under four heads (yet to be enforced) viz.,- Code on Wages, Code on Social Security and Occupational Safety, Code on Industrial Relations, and code on Health and Working Conditions, for regulating and protecting labour and we also have laws for ensuring the health, safety and better working conditions of workers.
However, Indian labour laws are often characterized as “inflexible.” Investors claim that majority of the firms hesitate from hiring new workers because of the stringent permission provisions existing in the present legal system, thus hindering the growth of Indian companies. Liberalized policies will create more contractual freedom, but reduce a healthy environment for workers, specifically in terms of their rights. The daunting challenge before governments will be to balance the market, labour, and the employer. To examine these issues further, Christ University Law Journal invites research paper submissions on the following sub-themes:
Check our Memo Pundits’ professionally crafted Online Courses for Law Students!
- Labour Reforms in India: Issues & Challenges
- Economic Perspective on Labour Reforms in India
- The Code on Wages, 2019: A Critical Analysis
- The Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Code – Issues and concerns
- The Code on Social Security and informal sector in India
- Industrial Relations: Challenges
- Collective bargaining and the role of trade unions at the outset of labour reforms in India
- The Code on Social Security: Issues & Challenges
- Please send your articles (5000-6000 words) following the guidelines mentioned in our website at the latest by 30 December 2020. Kindly include the abstract of the article in 150-200 words, 5 Keywords and a summary of the CV of the author in 100-150 words. Details of submission are on the webpage.
- To submit the paper for Call for Papers: Christ University, click here
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: DECEMBER 30th 2020