The Gujarat Law Journal (GLJ) is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed Journal having an ISSN
number. It provides a dedicated platform to express views on topical legal issues, thereby
generating interplay of ideas on emerging matters and issues. The journal stands for novel research and thus, the existence of plagiarism above 30% would lead to rejection of the paper before it is sent out for external review.
November 15, 2020
Check our Memo Pundits’ professionally crafted Online Courses for Law Students!
For detailed guidelines regarding Call for Papers by GNLU, click here
- The submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 200-300 words. It must be
italicised and inserted just after the title and the author’s name.
- A cover page must be submitted along with the paper. The cover page must provide the
Title of the paper, Author’s details, providing Name, Address, Phone number, email ID
and the institution’s name, and word count.
- The submissions to be accepted by the Journal are of the following categories:
1. Long Articles: 5000 words minimum
2. Short Articles: 3000 words minimum
3. Case Comments: 3000 words minimum
4. Book Review: 2000 words minimum
- The word limit in the journal is exclusive of the footnotes. There is a provision for
flexibility in terms of word limit depending upon the quality of the submission.
- All Submissions and Abstracts should be sent as a Word file by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 20th Harvard Bluebook Edition has to be strictly followed as the format for citations.
Authors shall only use footnotes and no Bibliography and no End notes shall be inserted
in the article.
- The submission must have an introduction and a conclusion, along with its body being
divided in suitable heading and subheadings.
- Any quoted text, whether of judgment or of an author, etc, has to be mentioned in a
separate paragraph, italicised, with one indent. The word limit for the quoted text is 100
- The formatting which needs to be followed is as follows:
1. Title: Times New Roman, size 14, Centre Aligned, Small Caps, Bold.
2. Author’s details: Font Times New Roman, size 12, Right aligned, Italicised.
3. Abstract: Font Times New Roman, size 12, Justified, Italicised, Line spacing 1.5.
4. Main text: Font Times New Roman, size 12, Line spacing 1.5, justified. There must be a one-line gap between all paragraphs
5. Footnotes: Font Times New Roman, size 10, Line spacing 1, justified. No speaking
footnotes are permissible.
- Kindly drop us an email regarding Call for Papers by GNLU to email@example.com