CERTIFICATE COURSE ON RESEARCH PAPER WRITING
(Inclusive of 18% GST)
Research papers, articles, academic projects, case summaries, legal blogs – a law student’s life at law school is always surrounded by such legal writings.
BUT… important questions like, ‘how to select a topic for research?’, ‘what is the difference between references and bibliography?’, ‘where to publish?’, etc. often remain unanswered.
The Research Paper Writing Course begins by dealing with the fundamental concepts involved in legal research and writing and then dives deep into the contours of research, structuring the analysis, and communicating efficiently through a research paper.
This course provides all the necessary information to kick-start your journey to drafting a spectacular research paper.
It is created by experts who have, to their name, several international publications as well as the experience of guiding law students on how to navigate through the complex system of drafting a research paper from the beginning to the end.
COMPLETING THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU:
- Master the art of legal research and writing
- Professionally use all research databases such as SCC Online, Manupatra, Google Scholar, Hein Online, Indian Kanoon, etc
- Understand how to choose a topic, write the abstract, body, and conclusion, and perfect the manuscript
- Produce research papers, articles, case summaries, and legal blogs which you can get published with reputed publishers
- Accurately comprehend all aspects of research including methodology, plagiarism, first draft, bibliography and references
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
This course is completely self-paced. It comprises 8 modules. Each module roughly takes 2 hours for an average student. All the course modules and the Final Assessment Test can be completed easily within 2 weeks.
Do note that the maximum duration for completion of this course is 2 months from the date of enrolment. If you are unable to complete the course within the stipulated time, you can reinstate your account by paying a nominal fee.
- Instructors and creators from Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
- One-on-one doubt clearing sessions and consultations
- All-day doubt-clearing on Whatsapp (lifetime access)
- Evaluation of 1 research paper at the end of the course
- Exclusive weekly webinars on important topics related to the course
- 40+ Recorded videos, quizzes, infographics, readings, and downloadable databases
Module 1: The Art and Science of Legal Research
– What does “Legal Research” exactly mean?
– Does Legal Research serve a purpose?
– How does Legal Research or “Publications” help Law Students?
– Glossary – Words to be known by every Researcher
Module 2: Understanding the Theoretical Contours of Legal Research
– Types of Publications – Understanding the Distinction
– Basics of Blogs, Research Papers, Articles, and Case Summaries
– Types of Legal Research
Module 3: Selecting the Topic and Research Methodology
– Selecting a Topic
– Broad vs. Narrow Topics
– Doctrinal, Non-doctrinal, and Comparative Research
– Understanding the Topic
Module 4: Your Readymade Research Database Toolkits
– Readymade Toolkits for Google, SCC Online, Manupatra, and Indian Kanoon
– Readymade Toolkits also for Google Scholar, Hein Online, and LexisNexis
Module 5: Drafting – Skillfully Diving into the Wreck
– The Eight Tenets of Writing the First Draft
– Contents of a Research Paper
– Drafting the Title Page, Abstract, Introduction, Analysis, Conclusion, and more
Module 6: The 5 Infinity Stones – Plagiarism, Bibliography, References, Footnotes, and Endnotes
– Plagiarism: Every Law Student’s nightmare
– Bibliography, References, Footnotes, and Endnotes
– Chicago Style, APA Style, MLA Style, Bluebook (latest) and OSCOLA
Module 7: Post Drafting Stages: Finalization and Submission
– Final Revision Stage
– Mastering M. S. Word – Features which every Law Student should know
– Proofreading: Why and How
– How to Choose the correct Journal
– Process of Submission and Follow-up
– BONUS: Exclusive Database of 50 Reputed Journals
Module 8: Post Submission: End it like Beckham
– Presenting your Research Paper
– Sharing the Achievement: Linkedin and CV
– Frequently Asked Questions
⇢ NUS, Singapore (LL.M.) & NLU, Delhi (B.A. LL.B.)
⇢ Creator of Multiple Courses on Research & Writing
⇢ Ex-Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas; NLUO (’16)
⇢ Runners-up, NUJS-HSF Corporate Moot
⇢ Managing Editor, Arbitration & Corporate Law Review
⇢ Author of 30+ National & International Publications
⇢ Ex-upGrad & Ex-Lawctopus; HNLU & SLS Pune
⇢ Drafted the CG Fire and Emergency Service Act, 2018