Internship Opportunity at United Nations Development Program offers young, outstanding and committed graduates the opportunity to work first-hand with UNDP in India across a range of programmes and projects. UNDP’s work in India reflects three broad development contexts: eradicating poverty, structural transformations and building resilience. Below are some of the areas that UNDP India is currently working on:
- Energy, environment and resilience.
- Poverty and inclusive growth.
- Skilling and livelihoods.
- Health and development.
- Human Resources.
Interning with UNDP India offers an exciting opportunity to combine analytical and research work with on-ground experience, collaborating with government and other partners to support India’s development priorities. It provides insights into working in an inter-governmental organisation.
Please note that internships at UNDP India are competitive and only a small number of applicants will be accepted every year. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Check our Memo Pundits’ professionally crafted Online Courses for Law Students!
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher), and must be able to provide proof of the same such as admission letter/ offer letter/ valid ID.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent), and able to provide proof of the same such as valid college/university ID.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Proficiency in English is compulsory. Competence in a local language will be an asset.
- Computer literacy in standard office software applications.
Internships run for a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 6 months.
All interns will be eligible to receive a stipend
- Fill the application form, here
- Send your duly filled and scanned application to jobs.help[at]undp.org.