About the Project
- “Are village politicians impartial agents of the state?”
- We require 20-25 research assistants for an academic research (virtual) project in Bihar a
- As a part of which we plan to do a phone-based interview with Mukhiyas and Sarpanches in Bihar over the phone.
- The interviews are 30 mins long and have questions about social and political-background and on how they approach every-day problem-solving in villages.
- We successfully ran a virtual data collection project interviewing Mukhiyas in Bihar in the summers with a team of 8 RAs and a program manager, we wish to replicate the same project but reach out to a larger sample.
- The project is funded by the IGC, LSE.
Read FREE Mooting related blogs: Click here
- Your main task as an RA would be to conduct phone-based interviews.
- The project requires that you are either enrolled in or have completed a master level degree, good Hindi skills, basic English skills, the ability to work on excel.
- You should have a smartphone, laptop and internet connection.
- We will shortlist based on CVs.
- If shortlisted, you will be asked to complete two very basic and simple – short tasks somewhere in mid-dec. Depending on your performance, you may be invited for a 2-day pilot training which will be conducted during the third week or end of Dec.
- The 2-day pilot will give you a chance to understand if the project is of interest to you and for us to assess your suitability and performance for the project. The pilot is a selection round and is only meant to give you an idea of what the project involves. At the end of the pilot, there will be a touchpoint. Only if you are on-boarded you will be compensated for the 2-day pilot and will be part of the main project. We aim to begin from the 4th Jan.
Sample Moot Court Memorials (Best): FREE Download
- You will receive a 2-day high-quality training in interviewing skills, ethics and basic research skills that will be valuable for future projects.
- We will sign a formal contract via email in Jan.
You can be based anywhere in India as long as you have a good and stable WIFI and smartphone/ laptop.
It is fixed at 1000 INR per working day.
All Upcoming Internship Opportunities for Law Students: Click Here