Hoot Welfare Society is a Non-Governmental Organisation dedicated to nurturing students for a better world. It aspires to facilitate students to harness their knowledge and intelligence in a smart way for the welfare of the society working in the field of nourishment. The Hoot welfare society of Law Bloom invites applications for Internship on Development of Drafting Skills. It is 21 days program. Seeking student’s nourishment is its main focus and students themselves do charity in a good & smart way with their knowledge and intelligence. Currently, Hoot Welfare Society is working in five domains:
- Smriti (Social Nourishment)
- Jeev Sharan Grah (Animal Nourishment)
- Heal (Medical Nourishment)
- Swaraj (Student Nourishment)
- Law Bloom (Legal Nourishment)
Check our Memo Pundits’ professionally crafted Online Courses for Law Students!
About the Internship
- RTI is an extremely powerful tool which ensures transparency of the government processes and rests with every Indian citizen to be used when the need arises. However, there are instances when you can’t exercise RTI. Filing an RTI is, however, is a slightly challenging task as there are a number of formalities that need to be followed.
- That’s why it is important to prepare a good draft of an RTI application before submitting it. Therefore, Hoot Welfare Society has come up with this internship program spreading over 3 Weeks to make students learn the importance of the same and how to draft a good RTI application.
- Resource person – Dr Amitra Sudan Chakraborty (Head of School of Legal studies, Seacom Skills University Bolpur, Birbhum, West Bengal, India)
- He holds B. Com (Hons.), LLM, & PhD in law for the thesis on “Protection of Human Rights Defenders in Contemporary India”. He is also a Founder of MANAB, (an independent and non-profit human rights organization). Apart from this, Sir is awarded as RTI activist by the Government of India.
- Interns may opt not to write; instead, they can do other work as assigned by the team/mentor/resource person.
- Date & Time may vary as per the availability of the resource person.
- There are different modules for the internship and for every module, there will be a webinar which is mandatory to attend. Before every Internship Task, students will be briefed upon the same by our respected resource person following which the student is expected to act and proceed with the task given by the resource person or the team.
|29th October 2020||Induction||3: 30 PM TO 5 PM|
|30th October 2020||Webinar on Timings, Theme, About Right to Information Act, 2005 and How to draft an RTI application, etc.||3: 30 PM TO 5 PM|
|01st November 2020||Duration of Internship Task- I till 05th November
|06th November 2020||Webinar/Briefing on – How to draft a complaint and appeal||04:00 PM onwards|
|07th November 2020||Duration of Internship Task- II till 13th November
Drafting of complaint/Appeal arising from the drafted RTI application.
|18th November 2020||Valedictory Session||05:00 PM|
- To register for, click here
- Interns need to pay a nominal amount of Rs.150/-. This is collected for the better cause of humanity. Money collected from the internship will ultimately go for some bonafide use.
- To make the payment, click here
Check here all the other Upcoming Internship Opportunities for Law students!
- All the interns are requested to give their 100 per cent to the internship.
- You must treat the internship as an educational experience.
- You must not violate any code of conduct.
- Follow all the deadlines that are given by the team or resource person to complete the tasks.
- After completion of the Internship, the student needs to prepare a comprehensive report to indicate what he has observed and learnt in the training period.
Code of Conduct
- Interns are expected to ensure their participation in all the online meetings conducted.
- Follow all the rules and policies of the organization.
- They are expected to behave professionally & exhibit respect towards the team members and mentors.
- Interns should be ready to take responsibility and do all the work with utmost sincerity.
- If any intern wishes to discontinue the internship he/she shall submit an application providing a minimum of 3 Day prior notice; if the intern fails to do so and leaves the internship without any notice, he/she shall be disqualified from any further activity of the Society.
- The decision of the Team with regard to the termination of the internship or regarding internship certificate shall be final.
- A Cash Prize of Rs. 500/- along with the certificate to the best RTI drafter.
- Two selected interns will be offered a coupon of Rs.1000/- of Memo Pundits which can be used for the purchase of any course offered by them.
- Paralegal (RTI) position to the best volunteer.
- Get volunteers free of cost in our organisation.
- Selected articles of the interns will be published in our Journal (proposed) with ISSN number*.
Perks for Law Bool Volunteers
- Law bloom volunteers will be given special discounts/offers on any event organized by the HWS.
- Real learning and maximum benefits
- Learn drafting, writing and speaking skills by our experts.
- Work from home with flexible timings.
- Exciting events & internships.
- Paralegal opportunity.
Please address your query on firstname.lastname@example.org to the undersigned –
- Asma Praveen
- Ayush Kumar