St. Joseph’s College of Law is conducting the SJCL National Memorandum Drafting Competition 2021 in collaboration with Law Essentials. The last date for registering for the competition is March 28th.
About the College
Established in the year 2017, St. Joseph’s College of Law is the pioneer Jesuit law college in South Asia that is strengthened with a 450-year-old legacy in imparting quality by molding students into ‘people of competence, conscience, and compassion dedicated to the service of faith and the promotion of justice’. In pursuance of the noble Jesuit motto – fide et labore, St.Joseph’s College of Law was founded on the ideals of practicing law, promoting justice, and transforming society. Emboldened with a vision to ‘transform the lives of people by bringing about a just and egalitarian society’, the College believes in a steadfast focus to bridge law and governance with a human rights approach. The College, though neoteric, has been able to work towards these set ideals.
About the Competition
The “SJCL National Memorandum Drafting Competition” is designed to enhance drafting, research, and analytical skills among aspiring lawyers. Drafting, an indispensable skill, is the ‘opus’/ ‘Il faut’ for a law student. Couched in a legal scenario, participants are required to be prudent and employ their legal acumen. The Covid-19 pandemic has offset the balance in the economy. We have designed the proposition for the memorandum of the competition in the light of the same and it focuses on diverse areas of law such as constitution and taxation.
Participants are expected to analyze the facts of the proposition, where key arguments must be rooted in the facts along with apposite legal sources. This will test the participants’ ability to build logical arguments backed by legal sources and citations.
All Upcoming Moot Court Competitions: Click Here
Registration and Payment Details
- Participants have to register only through Google Forms Link. To access the form, click here.
- Registration Fee: Rs. 250 per team.
- Participants have to pay the registration fee via the link provided only. We will acknowledge no other form of payment. To access the Payment Link, click here.
- Upon payment, the teams must attach a screenshot of the invoice and upload the same on the form as required.
- Once we receive the registration fee, we will not refund it in any circumstance.
- A team can consist of either a single member or two members. Any number of teams may register from a single institution. There is no restriction on the number of eligible teams from one institution.
- The students currently enrolled in either five years or three years LL.B. courses or LL.M. programs from any recognized university are eligible for participation in the competition.
- The competition allows cross-institutional teams. The participants from different institutions may come together to form a team for participation in the contest.
- There is permission to make any changes to the team composition after registration without the express permission of the organizing body.
- Best Memorandum – Rs. 5000/-
- Runners Up – Rs. 3000/-
- 2nd Runners Up – Rs. 2000/-
Learn the art of using Bluebook and Oscola through our
- Registration Commences – Release of Proposition -12th March 2021
- Registration Closes -28th March 2021
- Submission of Memorial- 26th April 2021
- Last Date to Seek Clarifications- 5th April 2021
- Releasing of Clarifications- 10th April 2021
- Declaration of Results -We will convey via mail
- To access the SJCL NMDC Brochure 2021, click here.
- For the SJCL NMDC Proposition 2021, click here.
- For the SJCL NMDC Rules and Regulations, click here.
- Mr. Sudeep Sudhakaran, Assistant Professor, SJCL – 9496891250
- Ms. Sangeetha Thomas, Assistant Professor, SJCL – 7406604382
- Shazia Shaikh – 9538392524
- Diksha Garg – 9900435855