The Society for Constitutional Law Discussion is a student-run blogging society established by few students of the Chanakya National Law University, Patna with a vision to provide a platform for public discourse and deliberation vis-à-vis Constitutional Law. The primary aim of the Society is to serve as a platform for students, academicians, practitioners & other constitutional law associates eager to engage in Constitutional Law discussion and writing. This Society primarily focuses on its e-magazine and blog as two prominent instruments to achieve its set goals. We have decided to organise National PIL Drafting Competition for the students.
Check our Memo Pundits’ professionally crafted Online Courses for Law Students!
ABOUT THE EVENT
- What does PIL mean?
Public Interest Litigation (PIL) stands for a legal action taken by a public-spirited person to protect the public interest at large (any act for the benefit of the public).
- Brief about the event and its structure
In light of the above, The Society for Constitutional Law Discussion is conducting its first National PIL Drafting Competition 2020. This competition will consist of two rounds- Memorial Submission round and Oral Pleading round.
- Memorial Submission
All the participating teams are required to submit their memorials abiding all the rules as prescribed under the sections of rule-book before 20th
- Last Date for Registration – 8th October 2020
- Last Date for Memorial Submission – 20th October 2020
- Declaration of results of the memorial rounds – 29th October 2020
- Date of oral rounds – 1st November 2020
- Environmental law issues in contemporary context
- Labour laws and migrants issues in the contemporary context
- Health issues in India
Eligibility & Team Composition
- All law schools, faculties of law, and other Universities offering a law-related degree program are eligible to participate in the competition. Each member of the team must be an undergraduate program student pursuing a recognized Bachelor of Law degree.
- Team composition – either individually or in pairs.
Registration is mandatory for all the participants. After paying the amount, attach the photo/screenshot of the receipt in the form.
Please access the link ro register for National PIL Drafting Competition –click here
Mode of Payment
The participant may choose to pay the registration fee using any of the following platforms –
Name: KHURRAM AZIZ
Account Number: 881017784535
Bank Name: DBS Bank
Bank IFSC: DBSS0IN0811
Please note payment once made is non-refundable.
Competition format and procedure and Oral Arguments
The top 12 teams will be selected based on the submitted memorial for the oral rounds. Selected teams will be invited for the oral pleading of their arguments via video conferencing on zoom app. Further on the basis of the oral rounds and submitted memorials, the final result will be declared. Note – rule-book for the oral rounds will be intimated to the teams via mail after a successful registration.
Perks & Prizes
- The top 12 selected teams for the oral round will be awarded a certificate of merit and INR 100/- discount on all memo pundit courses.
- The top 3 teams shall be awarded the certificates of excellence along with a cash prize.
- 1st prize – INR 1500/-
- 2nd prize – INR 1000/-
- 3rd prize – INR 700/-
- A certificate of excellence will be provided to the team with Best memorial and to the Best speaker of the oral rounds.
In case of a query related to submission or registration feel free to contact on above mentioned any email address or phone no. – firstname.lastname@example.org or t
- Event Convenor –Mr.Mukesh Kumar (+91 74939 42030)
- Event Co-Convenor –Mr.Khurram Aziz (+91 89206 66746)
- Website link of TSCLD – click here