As the name suggests, the Lex Quest Essay Writing Competition aims to motivate the school students to develop an understanding of the legal regime in India. The purpose of the Competition is to make students think and increase their knowledge about important yet unexplored areas of our day-to-day life. This will enable them to enhance their knowledge and hence grow, develop, and dream big. It seeks to appraise the students how the law governs even the minor aspects of their lives and this project aims to foster the curiosity of the young talented minds towards their legal rights, duties and obligations as a responsible citizen of the society.
About LAAC (NLU Jodhpur)
The Legal Aid and Awareness Committee (LAAC) is a student-run body of National Law University Jodhpur which works towards imparting practical knowledge and information regarding the basic legal rights and remedies to the masses. LAAC has undertaken initiatives aimed at spreading legal awareness and improving the quality of life of socially and economically less privileged by helping them attain their rights under certain socially beneficial legislation. It has been working on various research projects to evaluate the standard of legal awareness and implementation of such legislation. Forwarding the smart village an initiative of the Government of India, the LAAC has adopted a village named, Surpura, and is extensively working towards developing the basic infrastructure and public facilities in the village.
- Participant Category 1: Class 9th and 10th
- Participant Category 2: Class 11th and 12th
- Co-authorship of the essay is not allowed.
- Category 1: Virtual education: Impact on students and suitability in India?
- Category 2: Impact of New Education Policy: Are further reforms needed?
Formatting and Penalties
- The essay shall be submitted in either a computer-typed document or should be handwritten on a plain paper. The hand-written essay should be scanned and uploaded in a proper format. The typed document should be in the following format:
|FONT STYLE||FONT SIZE||LINE SPACING|
|Times New Roman||12||1.5|
- The language of the essay can be either Hindi or English.
- The word limit for both categories is 900-1200
- If the formatting guidelines are not followed or the word limit does not adhere, the essays would be penalised.
Learn how to prepare winning Memorials for Moot Courts through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Memorial Making!
- Payment of registration fee
The participants can register for the essay competition by paying a nominal fee of ₹ 100 by the registration deadline, i.e. September 26, 2020. The fee can be paid through Paytm or Google Pay on the number, 9905671255. Additionally, the participant shall email the screenshot of the payment on firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following declaration for participation:
- Consent for participation
Students interested in participating in the Essay Writing Competition shall send an email to email@example.com on or before September 26th, 2020, after which no consent shall be considered. The consent can be sent by schools on behalf of their students or by students individually.
The e-mail should be in the following format:
Format for the participation of students from schools
The e-mail from schools shall contain the following information:
- Name of participants
- Standard in which she/he is studying
- The contact number of participants
Format for individual participant
Subject: Consent for Participation: (Name of the Candidate- Category 1/ Category 2)
My name is (name of the student) and I am a currently studying in (standard in which the student is studying) at (school name). I wish to participate in the Lex Quest Essay Writing Competition organised by LAAC. I consent to the rules of the competition and agree to abide by them.
Signature (Contact Number)
- The participants have to submit their essays on or before October 16, 2020, by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject of the email should read Submission of Essay_Name of the Participant_Category 1/Category 2.
- In case two copies are submitted by the participant, the copy of the draft submitted last will be considered for.
- Winner – ₹ 5000
- Runner Up – ₹ 3000
- 2nd Runner Up – ₹ 2000
Along with this, the top five entries from each category will be published on our website. Additionally, participation certificates would also be provided to all the participants.
|Registration Opens||September 15, 2020|
|Registration Closes||September 26, 2020|
|Last Date of Submission||October 16, 2020|
|Tentative Date of Result||3rd week of November|
- Jayati Garg (Convenor) 8874703922
- Jayesh Kumar Singh (Deputy Convenor) 9905671255
- Pallavi Diwakar (Deputy Convenor) 7905034356
Join Memo Pundits’ FREE Whatsapp Group for latest updates for Law Students!