Ally Maritime and Legal Services (AMLS) was incorporated in the year 2018 with the purpose of providing a single-window solution for maritime and legal expertise while ensuring that only the best engineering and business ethics are practised. AMLS provides professional maritime consulting services to the global client base along with very specialized strategic associations with various esteemed organizations.
About the Competition
The main purpose of the competition is not only to acquaint the people with the scope and knowledge of the maritime laws but also to support the interested candidates and to promote the significance and growth of maritime laws in India. The competition, in a way, is an attempt to inculcate and develop the writing skills/habits within individuals and provide them with a platform where they can freely share their knowledge and show their talent to the outside world.
The Competition is open to any person who, as of the deadline for submission, is:
- A student from a recognized law college, shipping college or maritime college or any institution concerned with maritime.
- A student under the age of 30 years.
Sample Moot Court Memorials (Best): FREE Download
Theme & Sub-themes
The main theme of the competition is “The Maritime Labour Convention”. The suggestions of sub-themes are-
- Impact of MLC – with respect to Seafarers, Ship Owners, Recruitment Agencies P&I Clubs and other stakeholders
- Principles of Natural Justice and its implementation in the maritime labour regime.
- MLC and its effective implementation towards Port Management.
- Does the regulatory framework of the Special Tripartite Committee under MLC 2006 need revisiting?
- Implementation of MLC in various jurisdictions (UK, USA, India etc)
Participants may either choose to write on suggested sub-themes or choose their own topics under the main theme.
Awards & Perks
The Top essays shall be awarded cash prizes worth 21K Rs. along with a hard copy of the certificates. The distribution of Prizes is as under-
- First Position- INR 5,000/-
- Second Position- INR 3,000/- (Two runner ups)
- Third Position- INR 2,000/- (Three winners)
- Fourth Position- INR 1,000/- (Four Winners)
- The Top 20 essays will be published on AMLS Website, iPleaders Blog and many other companies’ newsletters or websites.
The Top 10 participants will get an opportunity to enrol on AMLS Maritime Law Course for free.
The Top 20 participants will get internship opportunities at AMLS.
All Upcoming Moot Court Competitions: Click Here
No prior registration and/or fee is required for participation. The participants can directly submit their essays via the Google form before the deadline
All the essays should be submitted on or before 15th April 2022, 11: 59 PM (Indian Standard Time) via the google form – Click here.
- Deadline of Submissions – 15th April 2022
- Declaration of Result – 7th May 2022
- Adv. & Capt. Rahul Varma- +91 9920606742
- Hettal Hariya- +91 9892366799
- Yukta Joshi- +91 7974588958