Established in the year 2018, SVKM’s NMIMS School of Law, Navi Mumbai offers two courses, BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.), in order to provide the legal industry with young lawyers in the field of corporate law as well as in the judiciary and other likewise law professions to focus on filling the need to be updated in the legal industry through a practical approach.
The courses are designed in such a way that apart from imbibing knowledge of the law, it also prepares the students for the real world by helping to hone one’s skill of presenting his/her argument with respect to the society, to interpret the pre-defined laws in a most efficient way with political and historical touch in it, and to be flexible and adaptive to the business environment of the real world. Students also get exposure through internships and various para-academic activities such as Alternative Dispute Resolution, Moot Court, Professional Ethics, etc.
The School also offers all possible opportunities for international exposure and global experience and hence, also teaches selective foreign languages to make international communication easy. This allows the students to gain knowledge of the law and form their own perspectives in the field.
About the Competition
With alternative dispute resolution methods gaining awareness and momentum as a favoured method of resolving disputes in recent years, the Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC) of SVKM’s NMIMS School of Law, Navi Mumbai is hosting its first-ever National Negotiation-Mediation Competition that will enable students to exercise their advocacy skills within the ADR process.
The competition aims to provide a forum for students to utilize and shape their skills which are important for the alternative dispute resolution methodology. The competition also provides an excellent opportunity to put theory into effect by having participants represent all parties involved in the process of Negotiation as well as Mediation, including the client and counsel in case of Negotiation, and client, counsel and mediator for Mediation.
The structure of the competition is such that the 2 Preliminary rounds will be of Negotiation whereas the Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals, and Final rounds will be of Mediation. Despite the unprecedented pandemic, we, the Dispute Resolution Committee, strive to make the 1st edition of the National Negotiation-Mediation Competition a memorable and exciting learning experience for all the participating teams and members through virtual mode.
Learn how to prepare winning Memorials for Moot Courts through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Memorial Making!
The competition is organized in Collaboration with L&L Partners (formerly known as Luthra and Luthra Partners), Samvād Partners and Ms Veena Ralli ( Organizing Secretary of Delhi High Court Mediation and Conciliation Centre).
- The Competition is open to all students, who are pursuing five-year undergraduate law courses are eligible to participate in the Competition. Each participating team shall comprise three eligible students, and they shall not be permitted to change the composition of the team once the same has been communicated to the Organizing Committee.
- For the purpose of eligible students, it is hereby clarified that all the students in one team shall belong to one university and college
- All institutions shall be entitled to send only one team to the competition.
- Last Date for Provisional Registration: 6th July 2021
- Last Date for Registration: 3rd August 2021
- Release of Competition Proposition: 17th August 2021
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: 20th August 2021
- Release of Answers to Clarifications: 23rd August 2021
- Date of Competition Rounds: 27th – 29th August 2021
Prepare yourself for your next Moot Court Oral Round through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Oral Argumentation!
- Registration fees – Rs. 1500
- The participants can send the money through any supported app, i.e., Google Pay on the number – +91 7021215310
- UPI ID – awasthi.kartikeya89@okicici
- Account number – 1012 0100 2413
IFSC CODE – ICIC0001012.
Name of the Account Holder – Kartikeya Awasthi
- To register, click here.