Nyayshastram in association with Pratap & Co., New Delhi is conducting “Nyayshastram -Pratap & Co National Matrimonial Moot Court Competition, 2021” scheduled to be held from 26th February to 28th February 2021.
Nyayashastram is a student-run organisation under the Chairmanship of Mr Ratan K Singh, Advocate & Arbitrator, Supreme Court of India along with the aid and advice from eminent Lawyers and Academicians across the nation. The initiative is aimed to foster legal research, writing and presentation by providing a platform to encourage e-learning through various competitions and events conducted utilising the virtual platforms. Through its events, Nyayshastram has hosted various legal and non-legal luminaries including Hon’ble Mr Justice A.K. Sikri, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India, Dr Pinky Anand, Former Additional Solicitor General of India, Ms Deepa Verma, Director, Forensic Science Laboratory, Delhi and Dr A.C. Rajvanshi, Sr. Faculty, LNJP National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, Delhi.
About Pratap & Co.
Headquartered in New Delhi with offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, Lucknow, & Chandigarh, Pratap & Company is a litigating law firm representing its client across Supreme Court of India, various High courts across India, NCLAT, NCLT, NCDRC, NGT, APTEL managed by Ms Pallavi Pratap, Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India. The firm actively represents clients in dispute resolution practices spread across litigation, arbitration, and various pre-dispute advisory assignments. Intellectual property services in areas ranging from Copyrights, Trademarks, Patents, Designs as well as Geographical Indicators. The firm has represented a number of private individuals, businesses and also government bodies in civil as well as criminal litigation. Their wide range of services includes SLPs, Transfer & Writ Petitions, Matrimonial Disputes & Domestic Violence, Appeals, Recovery Suits, Cheque Dishonour cases and Narcotics Violations. The firm also has experience of working with various multinationals Advising on necessary licenses, nature of company/liaison office, valuation, preparation for navigating through the legal and regulatory environment in India.
About the Event
The competition simulates a court hearing in which the participants shall have to analyse a problem, research the relevant law, prepare written submissions, and present oral argument. The moot problem is set in an area of law that is currently, unsettled and is subject to recent developments. There shall be two grounds of appeal to be argued by each side. The competition will have five rounds, viz. Preliminary Round, Octa-Final Round, Quarter Final Round, Semi-Final Round and the Final Round.
The moot proposition will prima facie present a matrimonial dispute, however, the scope shall be kept broad to inculcate a multi-disciplinary understanding of the subject.
- The competition is open for students who are enrolled in the three year or five-year course or LLM courses from any law school recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- There is no limit on the number of teams participating from one institution, however, cross- University teams are not allowed.
Online via Google Meet or ZOOM
- To register for National Matrimonial Moot Court Competition 2021, click here
- There shall be a registration fee of INR 1200 per team for taking part in the competition and is payable through transferring the amount to bank account ONLY.
- Account Holder’s Name: ANIKET DUTTA
- Account Number: 917301763148
- IFSC Code: PYTM0123456
- Alternatively, a team may also pay the registration fee via UPI transfer using the following credentials:
UPI ID: nyayshastram@ybl
[NOTE: For UPI transfers, kindly mention “Moot Registration” as a message while transferring the amount]
- Last Date to Register: 16 February 2021
- Last Date to Submit Memorial: 21 February 2021
- Researcher’s Test: 25 February 2021
- Oral Rounds: 26-28 February 2021
- Valedictory & Announcement of Results: 28 February 2021
- Mr Vijayant Goel – +91-9005955606
- Ms. Lolita Delma Crasta – +91-7985568003
- Mr Abhishek Singh – +91-7337603842
- Mr Aniket Dutta – +91-7301763148