Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla is a premier Law University in India was established by the State Government in the year 2016, by an Act of the Legislature (Act 16 of 2016). The University started functioning on the 5th of October, 2016. Located in the geographical terrains of the Himalayas, HPNLU, Shimla, is the best place for study and learning law, understanding law and legal system, topographies of law-making, legal practice, and administration.
About the Centre
Centre for Environment and Disaster Management (CEDM) is a specialized Centre, established by Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla for conducting socio-legal research in the field of environment protection & disaster management. The Centre aims to serve as a research and training centre in the field of environmental law and policy. It further aims to initiate and promote regional, national as well as international collaboration.
Sample Moot Court Memorials (Best): FREE Download
About the National Essay Writing Competition by HPNLU
National Essay Writing Competition by HPNLU is being organized to celebrate World Animal Welfare Day, on 4 October 2021.
The competition is open to students pursuing under-graduation from any recognised University in India and is open to the students who are pursuing five years as well as three year LLB courses from a recognised University/Law School.
- The manuscript should be accompanied by a Cover Letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institution name, contact number, and email for future reference.
- At the time of submission of the Essay, the author is required to give an undertaking that the article/essay is his/her original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- The similarity index should be below 10%. Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- The length of the essay must not exceed 5000 words including endnotes.
- All submissions must be in English. The contents should be in Times New Roman with a font size of 12, 1.5
line spacing and ‘justified’ alignment.
- The article should contain endnotes and not footnotes. All endnotes must be in Times New Roman font, with size 10 and line spacing 1and ‘justified’ alignment.
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook (20th Edition) style of citation; non-conformity will be subject to rejection.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- Entries not following the above instructions will not be accepted.
Learn the art of using Bluebook and Oscola through our
- All submissions shall be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Submission: CEDM National Essay Writing Competition”.
- Registration Fee: Rs. 250/-
- Theme: Animal Protection and Wildlife Welfare
- The participants are required to choose sub-themes on their own.
Last date for submission and payment of registration fee: September 25, 2021
- The best three essays will be given a Certificate of ‘Best Essay Award’.
- All participants will be given a Certificate of Appreciation.