Lex Legisia Law Firm is established On July 5, 2020, and is committed to the well-being of laws and society. The Firm fastens an exemplary service motive with an aim to provide efficient legal solutions through its team of chosen best advocates in Chandigarh, Panchkula, Mohali. The firm has the vision to provide a platform to provide legal solutions through the experienced rich and expert domain in an affordable and sustainable way. The approach of our law firm is reflected in its working creed. We here at our law firm ease it all for you. We provide them with accurate and commercially driven legal advice. Therefore, we have decided to organise this Trial Advocacy Competition for young minds.
About the Event
1st D.P.Gupta Virtual Trial Advocacy Competition jointly organized by J. P. Sharma & Associates & Lex Legisia Law Firm in association with Institute of Professional Studies, Roorkee Uttarakhand. The founder’s of the event recognized the need of a virtual platform at this time of Pandemic, where law students can be a part of a platform where they can draft, plead and showcase their advocacy skill.
Prepare yourself for your next Moot Court Oral Round through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Oral Argumentation!
Students pursuing 3-Year Law Degree Course or 5-Year Integrated Law Degree Course and LL.M. Degree Course from the colleges recognised by Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The maximum number of participants per team shall be restricted to 4 wherein 2
member will be Speakers and other 2 members shall be represented as witnesses.
- Only the Participant who is a Speaker in all the three Preliminary, Semi-Final and
Final Rounds shall be eligible for the award of the Best Speaker.
- The identity of the team [name of the Law College / School / University] must not be
disclosed to the Judges as well as to the other Participating Teams. Any such disclosure
shall lead to disqualification
- The substitution of any member is not allowed except with the prior approval of the
- Each team will be provided with a unique team code by draw of lots during the
orientation. The identity of the teams shall not be disclosed at any stage, such
disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same
shall be at the discretion of the DPVATC Administrators.
- To register, click here.
- The Registration fee (per team) for the said competition is Rs. 750/- (Seven Hundred and Fifty
- Registration fee is to be submitted through NET Banking/ GooglePay/Paytm-
Name: Sahil Singla
Account No. 105751100001331
Bank: Yes Bank
Branch: Sector 20, Chandigarh
Google pay/Phone pe /Paytm @ 9876828208
Rules and Regulations
- The Language of the written and oral arguments shall be in English.
- The participants shall have to prepare the case for Examination in Chief and Cross-Examination of witnesses from both the Prosecution & Defence side and prepare their arguments from both sides. Examination in Chief and Cross-Examination shall only be conducted orally and no written submissions required for the same.
- The competition comprises of Preliminary Rounds and Advanced rounds which would include the Semi-Final Rounds and the Final Rounds.
- Each Team would not face the same team in the preliminary rounds nor would the same bench judge the same team more than once in the preliminary rounds.
- There will be a participation certificate which will be awarded to all the participants.
Winning Team INR 5000/- 1st Runner Up Team INR 2000/- Best Advocate INR 1000/- Best Memorial INR 1000/- Best Witness INR 1000/-
- Opening dates- September 17, 2020 from 10:00 A.M.
- Closing dates- October 10, 2020
- Submission of the memorial- October 16, 2020 by 9:00 P.M.
- Clarification dates- 7 October – 22 October, 2020.
- Mr SAHIL SINGLA- 9876828208 (Convenor)
- Mr ANUBHAV BAJPAI -7752955714 (Co-Convenor)
|Join Memo Pundits’ FREE Whatsapp Group for latest updates for Law Students!|