Maharaja Agrasen 1st National Moot Court Competition 2020 seeks to provide a platform to the students across the nation to showcase their advocacy and research skills by competing in a professional and competitive environment. The purpose of organizing a moot court competition is to
help the participants in nurturing their advocacy skills. In past, the Department of
Law, MAIMS organized their Virtual Trial Advocacy Competition (2020) and previously organized an Intra Trial Moot Court Competition (2019).
About the Event
The Maharaja Agrasen 1st National Moot Court Competition 2020 will be held from 26th November 2020 to 28th November 2020 virtually over Google Meet.
Learn how to prepare winning Memorials for Moot Courts through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Memorial Making!
- The competition is open for students who are pursuing LLB three year / five-year course during the current academic year.
- Only one team is permitted to participate in each participating institution.
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two and maximum of three members.
- In a team consisting of three members, two members shall be designated as ‘Speakers’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
- If a team consists of two members, then such team shall designate both the members as speakers and no member in the team shall be allowed to be represented as a researcher.
- All the participating institutions have to confirm participation by sending a duly filled Registration Form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th October 2020.
- Upon successful registration, the teams will receive notification from the Moot court society via email to acknowledge their registration along with the fee payment details latest on or before 22nd October 2020.
- The participating teams are required to pay INR 1,500/- as registration fees. The link for online payment will be emailed to the Registered Teams.
- Nonpayment of Registration Fees shall result in cancellation of Registration of the Participating Team.
- Best Team: Rs. 20,000/-
- Runners Up: Rs. 15,000/-
- Best Speaker: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Researcher: Rs. 5,000/-
- Release of Moot Problem- 24/09/2020
- Registration Open- 26/09/2020
- Registration Closed- 20/10/2020
- Last Date of Seeking Clarifications- 30/10/2020
- Publishing of Clarifications- 04/11/2020
- Last Date for Memorial Submission (Soft Copy Only)- 13/11/2020
- Inauguration, Draw of Lots and Exchange of Memorials- 26/11/2020
- Preliminary Rounds- 27/11/2020
- Quater-finals- 27/11/2020
- Semi Finals- 28/11/2020
- Finals- 28/11/2020
- Closing Ceremony and Announcement of Awards- 28/11/2020
Prepare yourself for your next Moot Court Oral Round through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Oral Argumentation!
- Abhishek Vats
- Aniket Vashisth
- Arushi Goyal
- Kritika Khanna