The Army Institute of Law, as a part of its endeavors of providing and facilitating its support to the student community of the Country, takes immense pleasure in announcing the 10th Edition of its National Moot Court Competition 2020, “Checkmate 2020”. This year the rounds are to be held via Virtual mode from 15th-17th Oct. 2020.
Learn how to prepare winning Memorials for Moot Courts through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Memorial Making!
The current Covid-19 situation poses a serious public health risk, disrupting our everyday daily routines. We need to prepare ourselves by adopting simple methods like social distancing to keep going on at this time. Moreover, therefore, to keep the spirit of mooting and learning, we announce Checkmate-National Moot Court Competition- 2020, the 10th Edition via virtual mode.
Eligibility and Team Composition
- Only one team from each participating college shall be registered for the competition. Each team shall comprise of either three members (two Speakers and one Researcher) or two members (two Speakers)
- No faculty member, coach, observer, or a designated observer or fourth member is allowed to accompany the team, and neither will be allowed to join the video-conferencing nor the chat room during the session.
- Participation is restricted to bonafide law students either enrolled in the 3-year LL.B course or the 5-year integrated law
|Deadline for provisional registration||Sept. 18th, 2020|
|Deadline for submission of the registration form and the fee||Sept. 23rd, 2020|
|Deadline for seeking clarifications to the proposition||Sept. 25th, 2020|
|Release of clarifications||Sept. 28th, 2020|
|Deadline for memorial submission (soft copy)||Oct. 5th, 2020|
|Deadline for Pre-recorded Videos submission||Oct. 5th, 2020|
|Declaration of the result of the preliminary round on or before||Oct. 9th, 2020|
|Rounds (via video conferencing)||Oct. 15th-17th, 2020|
|Quarterfinals and declaration of result||Oct. 15th, 2020|
|Semi-finals and declaration of result||Oct. 16th, 2020|
|Final Round and Declaration of the result||Oct. 17th, 2020|
- The teams should provisionally register through by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject Moot Court Registration Checkmate 2020) by Sept. 18th, 2020.
- Only 32 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on first-come-first serve basis.
- Once the provisional registration is confirmed, Registration Fee: Rs 2000/- for each participating team, is to be submitted by Sept. 23rd, 2020, through online transaction either by clicking on this link or by online transfer to the following Bank details as NEFT are:
Account Holder Name: Army Institute of Law (Main Account)
Bank Name : SBI
Branch Name : SBI Chandimandir
Account Number : 65230658237
IFSC Code : SBIN0050195
- NOTE: The provisional registration is till Sep 18th on a first-come-first-serve basis. However, teams can still register till 23rd depending on the availability of slots.
- The scanned copy of the receipt (of payment of Rs. 2000/- paid using online mode) along with the duly filled registration form should be sent on or before 23rd, 2020, via e-mail to email@example.com, with the following details:
1) Details of Payment of Registration Fee:
2) Transaction ID: Bank: Date of payment:
3) Teams are required to send the scanned copy of their Institute’s Id card with this form.
- No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted unless the same has been communicated to the organizers a week before the event in exceptional circumstances only after the participating college has attached the due proof.
Prepare yourself for your next Moot Court Oral Round through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Oral Argumentation!
|Best Team||Rupees 15,000/- along with E-certificate|
|Runners Up||Rupees 10,000/- along with E-certificate|
|Best Memorial||Rupees 7,000/- along with E-certificate|
|Best Speaker||Rupees 5,000/- along with E-certificate|
|2nd Best Speaker||Rupees 3,000/- along with E-certificate|
|Best Pre-Recorded Video||Rupees 5,000/- along with E-certificate|
- Ms. Aafreen Choudhary: +91 7696152800
- Mr. Rajesh Jha: +91 9779719927