The 6th Prof N R Madhava Menon SAARCLAW Mooting Competition and Law Students Conference, 2020-21 is being organized by Lloyd Law College under technical support from MILAT- Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy Training and SILF- Society of Indian Law Firms.
About Lloyd Law College
Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, India, in association with South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation in Law (SAARCLAW), Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy Training (MILAT) and Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF) has been organizing the 6th Prof N R Madhava Menon SAARCLAW Mooting Competition, SAARC Law Students’ Conference and South Asian Colloquium since last five years, to create a platform for the SAARC Countries’ law students to interact and exchange ideas. Also, the Mooting competition and the Conference aim to inspire and encourage interaction and reciprocity of ideas among law students of SAARC countries for promotion of regional cooperation, for mutual benefit in legal education and to broaden the horizons of legal studies.
About the Competition
6th Prof N R Madhava Menon SAARCLAW Mooting Competition has two stages- India Round and SAARC Round. More than 60 law schools from India will compete to qualify as Seven Best Teams to represent India in the SAARC Round.
Lloyd Law College is organizing the 6th Prof N R Madhava Menon SAARCLAW Mooting Competition, Law Students Conference and South Asian Colloquium-India Round 2020-21 from 30th October to 1st November, 2020, in association with Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy and Training (MILAT) and Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF).
One of the most attractive features of this event is the Best Law Students Award. Also, two final year’s students (one female & one male), from the top ten participating teams of India Round are selected for the Best Law Student Awards. Moreover, the Winners receive a fellowship of $50,000/- from Penn State School of Law to pursue LL.M from Penn State University. Hitherto, six law students from different law schools and universities of India have received this fellowship. Also, two Best Law Student Awardees (one female & one male) will be chosen from the top ten teams selected at the India Round, by the Jury. Also, all the seven qualifying teams shall be receiving Cash Prize worth Rs. 15,000 each
Venue: Virtual Mode
Date of the Competition: 30th October 2020 – 1st November 2020
Each team must consist of two speakers and one researcher.
- The registration starts from 6th September 2020.
- To register, click here
- Release of Pre-invite to universities/institutions: 5th September 2020
- Release of Registration Form: 6th September 2020
- Release of India Round Moot Proposition/Brochure: 6th September 2020
- Last date to entertain Clarifications: 12th September 2020
- Release of Clarifications of Moot Problem: 19th September 2020
- Submission of Memorial: 10th October 2020
- Result of Memorial qualification Round: 15th October 2020
- Final Registration of Selected Memorials: 20th October 2020
- Final Memorial Submission: 25th October 2020
- Oral Round: 31st October 2020 – 1st November 2020
To access the moot proposition, click here.
- Top 7 teams shall qualify for the SAARC Rounds of the Competition.
- Top 7 teams shall be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 15,000 each.
- The two best law student awardees (one female and one male) will be chosen from the selected students in their final years who are participants in the India round of the 6th Prof. N. R. Madhava Menon SAARCLAW Mooting Competition by the jury (constituted under an MOU between SILF-MILAT and Penn State University, USA).
- The registration fees for India Rounds is Rs. 1,500
- Top 60 teams shall qualify the memorial selection rounds and they will be required to pay additional Rs. 1000.
- Prof. Akhilesh Kumar Khan, Organising Secretary
- Contact Number: 7903099689, 9818147553
- Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org