Despite these unprecedented times, we at NLIU are organising 6th NLIU R.K. Tankha Memorial International Arbitration Moot. The competition shall be organized virtually through video conferencing. The details of the platform will be made available in due course. The format of the competition shall consist of four rounds of pleadings. First, preliminary rounds will be held where each team shall submit arguments from
both the sides, i.e. claimant(s) and respondent(s). The top 8 teams shall subsequently advance through the knockout stage-the quarterfinals followed by the semi-finals. The last two surviving teams will compete for the winner’s trophy in the grand finale. The teams shall argue sides allotted to them as per the rules of the competition.
Learn how to prepare winning Memorials for Moot Courts through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Memorial Making!
Established in 1997, NLIU is a premier university in legal education and one of the best centres for legal training and research in the world. Easily one of the most beautiful campuses in the country, it is located in an incredible landscape in Bhopal, the capital city of the State of Madhya Pradesh.
The Moot Court Association (“MCA”) of NLIU organises two moot court competitions & one client counselling competition annually. The NLIU-Justice R.K. Tankha International Arbitration Moot is the flagship event of the University.
- The registration fee for the competition is
INR 3000 for Indian teams,
USD 100 for International teams.
- The institutions can register themselves provisionally through their designated Moot Court Association for the Competition by sending an email, here.
- Release of Case Record: Sep 22 2020
- Registration Deadline: Nov 7 2020
- Submission of Memorials: Feb 7 2021
- Oral Rounds: Mar 5-7 2021
The following prizes (Among others) will be awarded in the 6th edition:
- WINNERS: INR 1,15,000 & an Internship
- Opportunity with L&L Partners
- RUNNERS UP: INR 50,000
- BEST ORALIST: INR 15,000 & an Internship Opportunity with SIAC
- BEST MEMORIAL (CLAIMANT): INR 15,000
- BEST MEMORIAL (RESPONDENT): INR 15,000
- BEST INTERNATIONAL TEAM: INR 30,000
Prepare yourself for your next Moot Court Oral Round through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Oral Argumentation!
- GOKUL HOLANI
Convener, Moot Court Association
- HARSHIT SHRIVASTAVA
Co Convener, Moot Court Association
- SAHIL SONKUSALE
Secretary, Moot Court Association
- SAKSHI AJMERA
Joint Secretary, Moot Court Association