With the Essay Writing Competition 2020 by NLSIU, we seek to encourage the participants to engage in outside the box thinking and to explore new issues related to privacy and encryption.
About the Organisation
The Law and Technology Society of NLSIU, Bangalore is a group committed to exploring the boundless contours of the intriguing interface between law and technology. The main objective of the Society is to provide up-to-date learning opportunities in this field by organizing a series of interesting & insightful events.
The Dialogue is a research-driven think-tank working on the intersection of technology, society, and public policy. By facilitating informed policy debates at various levels, it aims to drive a progressive narrative in India’s policy discourse.
Check our Memo Pundits’ professionally crafted Online Courses for Law Students!
- Situating encryption and allied rights within the Indian legal framework
- Critical appraisal of the right to privacy in the context of intermediary liability
To register for Essay Writing Competition 2020 by NLSIU, click here
- Expert Comments: The winning entries will be selected and commented upon by the leading cognoscenti in the field of law and technology. These will include Supreme Court judges, Senior Advocates, and various academicians renowned all over the globe.
- Cash Prize of Rs. 1 Lakh: There will be a total of six such winning entries, which will comprise of three from each of the aforementioned themes. The first, second, and third entries from each of these themes will be rewarded with a cash prize of INR 25,000, INR 15,000, and INR 10,000 respectively.
- Publication: Such entries will get published in the leading law review journal of India.
- Certificate of Merit: Top ten essays from each theme will also be awarded a Certificate of Merit
Rules of the competition
- Co-authorship limit: 2 Authors
- Word Limit: 4000 to 6000 words(excluding footnotes)
- Citation Style: Bluebook 19th Edition
- Last date of Registration: October 15, 2020
- Last date of Submission: November 10, 2020