The first edition of the moot was organized in 2013 with the aim to foster legal acumen in the vigorously prospering field of International Media Law and garner interest from students nationwide. The University witnessed participation from twenty-seven teams all over India. Mooting is considered to be an intrinsic feature of any law institute and RMLNLU aims at fostering the best mooting culture and legal knowledge through its International Media Law Moot Court Competition.
Read FREE Mooting related blogs: Click here
The 9th edition of the RMLNLU-SCC Online® International Media Law Moot Court Competition is being organized virtually from 26th-28th February 2021 boasting of highly proficient and eminent panels of judges. Meritorious participants shall receive awards which include cash prizes along with SCC Online® access cards and subscriptions. Welcome to 9th RMLNLU SCC Online® International Media Law Moot Court Competition, 2021!
- Release of the Problem: Tuesday, December 8, 2020
- Deadline for Provisional Registration of Institution: Wednesday, December 30, 2020
- Deadline for seeking Clarifications: Tuesday, January 5, 2021
- Release of Final Clarifications: Thursday, January 7, 2021
- Deadline for Registration of Team: Friday, January 15, 2021
- Deadline for Submission of Soft Copy of Memorials: Thursday, January 28, 2021
- Release of Results of Memorial Knockout (if any): Saturday, February 13, 2021
- Deadline for Online Payment of Registration Fee Through the Authorized Payment Gateway (SBI): Friday, February 19, 2021
- Deadline for submission of Soft Copy of Payment Receipt: Friday, February 19, 2021
- Inauguration Ceremony and Participant Briefing: Friday, February 26, 2021
- Oral Rounds: Saturday-Sunday, February 27-28, 2021
- Valedictory Ceremony: Sunday, February 28, 2021
- Winning Team: Rs. 25,000 and SCC Online Web Edition Platinum card including English Law One Year Subscriptions to Supreme Court Cases – Print Edition.
- Runners Up Team: Rs. 15,000 and SCC Online Web Edition Platinum card including English Law One Year Subscriptions to Supreme Court Cases – Print Edition.
- Best Memorials: Rs. 10,000 and SCC Online Web Edition Platinum card including English Law One Year Subscriptions to Supreme Court Cases – Print Edition.
- Best Oralist (Preliminary Round): Rs.10,000
- 10 Practical Lawyer Subscriptions for the Winning team, Runner up Team, Best Memorial Team, and the Best Oralist.
All Upcoming Moot Court Competitions: Click Here
- The Institutions should provisionally register themselves by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, latest by December 30, 2020 (23:59 hrs IST).
- Institutions must complete their registration by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by January 15, 2021 (23:59 hrs IST). The e-mail should include a scanned copy of the duly filled registration form.
- Indian Universities
The Registration Fee is INR 3,500 for Indian teams. Indian teams must make the payment of such amount through the “State Bank Collect” multi-modal payment portal.
- Foreign Universities
All foreign teams shall pay an equivalent sum of INR 4500 (excluding service/conversion charges, if any).
Learn how to prepare winning Memorials for Moot Courts through Memo Pundits’ Certificate Course on Memorial Making!
- Punya Mehrotra (Jt. Convenor, Moot Court Committee) – +91 97171 44266
- Anchit Baliyan (Jt. Secretary, Moot Court Committee) – +91 99990 81736
- Anushka Singh ( Secretary, Moot Court Committee) – +91 6204 404 50