In the 8th edition of IMAM 2021, we are proud to announce our collaboration with Bose & Mitra & Co. as our ‘Title Sponsor’ and The Institute of International Shipping and Trade Law (IISTL), Swansea University, the United Kingdom as ‘Associate Partner’. The awards for 8th IMAM 2021 are sponsored by Bose & Mitra & Co and the competition case study is drafted by IISTL, Swansea University.
- All students registered with law schools, faculties of law and other higher educational institutions offering a law degree program or offering law as a part of its program of study are eligible to participate in the Competition. All participants must be students pursuing either undergraduate or postgraduate law course (including LL.M. programs) or its equivalent conducted by any recognized institution. No student who has been licensed to practice law is eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Each participating institution is entitled to send only one Team to the Competition, comprising of students from the Undergraduate or Post Graduate law course, or both.
- Team members must be bonafide students of the institution they are representing.
- The maximum number of teams allowed to compete in the oral rounds of the Competition are twenty (20). The selection of the top twenty teams, out of all the registered teams will be based on the ‘Written Submissions’ submitted by the registered teams.
- A team shall consist of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members.
- There can be more than two Speakers in a team. However, in each oral round, only two members of the Team shall be allowed to present the arguments.
- Only those participants, duly registered as Speakers in the registration form, shall be allowed to present the oral arguments. The Teams may alter or vary the order in which the Speakers may present the oral arguments.
- Once registered, a team will not be permitted to vary the composition of the Team in any manner. Changes, if any, may only be made with the prior approval of TMS (at their discretion), if the due reason is shown for the same.
- Each Team shall register for the Competition by duly filling the online registration form, available on the official website before 31st January 2021 (11:59 P.M. IST).
- While filling the registration form, the teams must select a team liaison. All communications concerning the Competition shall be emailed to the team liaison. It is assumed that all the information communicated, and materials distributed to the team liaison is communicated to the Team.
- An initial ‘preliminary registration fee’ of INR 1500 or USD 50 shall be remitted by all the Indian teams and overseas teams participating in the Competition, respectively.
- Yasaschandra Venkata Sai Devarakonda
(Convenor, The Moot Society)
+91 91774 50926; +91 63030 98735
- Rose Maria Sebi
(Co-Convenor, The Moot Society)
+91 97166 06465; +91 98614 12372
- Sonia Mangtani
(Secretary, The Moot Society)
+91 79742 77156