About School of law, The NorthCap University
The NorthCap University is a 25-year-old educational institution committed to impart quality education to the youth of this country in the field of Engineering, Management, Law, and Liberal Arts. The University is known for its academic ambiance, lush green surroundings, state-of-the-art infrastructure, cleanliness, outreach programs, international tie-ups, and vibrant academic culture. We believe in Education, enlightenment employment leading towards the empowerment of an individual. It has been consistently ranked as one of the top private universities by various government and private agencies.
Sample Moot Court Memorials (Best): FREE Download
About the Competition
The vision of the School of Law is to be ranked amongst the best law schools of India and the most preferred private university destination for law aspirants. School of Law at The NorthCap University provides the highest quality of professional legal education to equip the students for a transnational practice and to face the challenges posed by the internationalization of the legal profession. The school has continually strived to achieve excellence in legal education through the interactive teaching-learning processes, clinical opportunities, exposures to the legal profession through internships and externships, industry-ready curricula and innumerable opportunities to interact with the stalwarts in the legal profession. This 7th Edition of Competition is being organized under the aegis of The NorthCap University, School of Law. The stage is set for the 7th Edition of The National Client Consultation Competition that is going to be organized by The NorthCap University on 29th – 30th October 2021. The Competition is aimed at promoting greater knowledge and practical skills among student advocates in the preventive law and counseling functions of law practice. It will encourage students in developing interviewing, planning, and analytical skills in the lawyer-client relationship in the law office. Interviewing and advising are a significant part of most lawyers’ work. The Competition provides an opportunity for a valuable educational interchange between students, law teachers and legal practitioners. The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers (attorneys/solicitors/legal
practitioners), are presented with a client matter. The students conduct an interview with a person playing the role of the client. Students are expected to elicit the relevant information from the client, explore with the client his or her preferred outcome, outline the nature of the problem, and present the client with a means (or range of alternatives, if appropriate) for resolving the problem. The interview with the client is then followed by a post-consultation period during which the students, in the absence of the client, analyze the interview and discuss the legal and other work to be undertaken. The interview and post-consultation period last a total of 30 minutes. The students are evaluated by a panel of judges. The students are evaluated against specific criteria that emphasize the use of listening, questioning, planning, and analytical skills in a lawyer/client interview. Once the judges have completed their evaluation of the interview, the students are to be called back in and the judges will provide a brief critique of the team’s handling of the consultation and post-consultation periods.
Composition of teams
- Only bonafide students pursuing LL.B. Three Year/Five Year Degree programs in aforementioned institutions, during the current academic year are eligible to participate.
- There can be a maximum 3 Teams from one university/college.
- Each team shall consist of only two participants.
Last Date for registration is 12th October 2021
To register, click here.
- Registration is on a first come first serve basis and it’s open to the first 30 teams.
- Teams/Participants are required to duly fill the Registration Google Form (link given above) along with the Registration Fees of Rs.1500/- via online payment on or before the last date of registration i.e,12th October 2021.
- The NEFT transaction details are as follows:
- Name of the Institution: The NorthCap University
- Name of the Bank: Canara Bank
- Branch: NCU, Sector 23-A, Gurgaon
- Account No.: 82472010013980
- IFSC: CNRB018247
- Winner – Cash Prize up to Rs 5,000 and Certificates + Two (2) one-year complimentary
subscription to SCC Online Web Edition.
- Runner up – Cash Prize up to Rs. 2,000 and Certificates + Two (2) half-yearly complimentary
subscription to SCC Online Web Edition.
- Participants – Participation Certificates.