After the resounding success of the 1st and 2nd edition of IDIA Chhattisgarh National Essay Writing Competition, that saw the participation of students from universities and institutions from across India, the IDIA Chhattisgarh Chapter is
pleased to organise the 3rd IDIA Chhattisgarh National Essay Competition this year.
Role of Law in times of Covid-19
India, in the 21st century, can be looked at from a plethora of lenses but one of the most prominent ones would be through that of a pandemic. In a country where millions of people are infected by the virus, finding a new normal has become the greatest quest for humankind. Times like these require a firm legal regime that can balance that need of the people with the collective good of the country. This edition of the essay competition is an attempt to stir a discussion on how the law is playing its role in the times of Covid-19. The following are the sub-themes for the essay competition:
- Healthcare and Rights of Citizens
- Technology and Privacy during times of Covid-19
- India’s Response to Covid-19: An Executive Aggrandisement?
The competition will be conducted online, where all communications between the organisers and participants, including the registrations and submissions, will be made online through emails.
Check our Memo Pundits’ professionally crafted Online Courses for Law Students!
The write-ups will be evaluated in three stages:
- First Stage: The team from IDIA Chhattisgarh Chapter will evaluate the write-ups and the ones found to be plagiarized or with improper formatting will be disqualified.
- Second Stage: Working professionals with adequate experience in the field of law will evaluate the shortlisted write-ups. The top 10 highest scoring write-ups will be advanced for the third stage of evaluation.
- Third Stage: A Panel comprising of esteemed legal luminaries will evaluate the top 10 write-ups. The final score will be considered for ranking the write-ups in the order of 1 to 10.
- To register for 3rd IDIA Chhattisgarh National Essay Competition, click here
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Co-authorship up to 2 authors is allowed.
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of the essay should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or contest elsewhere. The participant will be required to submit a separate undertaking with regard to the originality of the work.
- Participant code will be assigned to every participant. The participant code shall serve as an identification code for all communication with the organisers post the registration. There should not be any other identification mark apart from the team code on the cover page of the essay.
- Participation is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students across universities in India.
- Single Author: ₹ 250
- Co-Authors (Maximum 2): ₹ 350
- The essay must not be more than 3000 words, including footnotes.
- The essay should consist of:
Cover Page (includes only the Team Code and the topic of the essay)
Abstract (not more than 250 words)
Reason for choosing the essay topic
Declaration regarding the originality of the essay
Body of the essay
- Certificate of participation shall be given to all the participants.
- Prize cheques:
1st Prize – ₹ 8000
2nd Prize – ₹ 5000
3rd Prize – ₹ 2000
- Medals and Certificates of merit shall be awarded to 3 best essays
- Date of notification – October 8, 2020
- Last date for registration – October 28, 2020
- Last date for submission – November 8, 2020
- Result declaration – December 18, 2020