The Competition Act, 2002, as amended by the Competition (Amendment) Act, 2007 prohibits anti-competitive agreements, abuse of dominant position by enterprises and regulates combinations (acquisition, acquiring of control and M&A), which causes or likely to cause an appreciable adverse effect on competition within India. The objectives of the Act are sought to be achieved through the Competition Commission of India, consisting of a Chairperson and 6 Members appointed by the Central Government. It is the duty of the Commission to eliminate practices having an adverse effect on competition, promote and sustain competition, protect the interests of consumers and ensure freedom of trade in the markets of India.
Sample Moot Court Memorials (Best): FREE Download
About the Competition
Competition Law is an upcoming area of law that seeks to promote fair and just trade practices. It regulates competition in the market by maintaining a check on anti-competitive conduct and ensures that market players refrain from the same. Modern Competition Law has evolved on a national level with the promotion and maintenance of fair-trade practices in markets, within the domestic boundaries of a nation-state
All students enrolled on a full time or part-time basis in either a 3-year LLB course or a 5- year integrated BA LLB (or equivalent) course at the time of the competition are eligible to compete in the Competition. Each college or university may enter only one team.
The Moot will be conducted virtually this year. The details of the same shall be notified later.
All Upcoming Moot Court Competitions: Click Here
- To register for the 3rd CCI NUJS Moot Court Competition, click here
- The last date for Registration shall be 11:59 PM, April 15th, 2021.
- Each Participating Team has to pay a Registration Fee of ₹2400 along with the submission of the Registration Form.
- The details for the Payment are available under Rule 3 of the Moot Rules.
- Champion Team: Rs. 45,000/-
- Runners Up Team: Rs. 30,000/-
- Best Written Submission: Rs. 15,000/-
- Best Speaker: Rs. 10,000/-
All Upcoming Internship Opportunities for Law Students: Click Here
- Last Date for Registration: April 15th, 2021
- Deadline for sending queries with respect to the Moot Proposition: April 15th, 2021
- Last Date for Written Submission: May 15th, 2021 (maybe postponed by further notice)
- Oral Rounds: July 9th, 2021 to July 11th, 2021
All queries related to the 3rd CCI NUJS Moot Court Competition should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “3rd CCI-NUJS Moot: Query”.