The vision of NorthCap University, School of Law is to be ranked amongst the best law schools of India and the most preferred private university destination for law aspirants. School of Law at The NorthCap University provides the highest quality of professional legal education to equip the students for a transnational practice and to face the challenges posed by the internationalization of the legal profession.
The School has continually strived to achieve excellence in legal education through the interactive teaching-learning process, clinical opportunities, exposures to the legal profession through internships and externships, industry-ready curricula, and innumerable opportunities to interact with the stalwarts in the legal profession.
About the Competition
TOPIC: This 6th Edition of the Competition is being organized under the aegis of The NorthCap University, School of Law. The stage is set for the 6th Edition of The National Client Consultation Competition.
DATES: Event Date: 9th-10th October 2020; Last Date of Registration- 3rd October 2020.
The Competition is aimed at promoting greater knowledge and practical skills among student Advocates in the preventive law and counseling functions of law practice. It will encourage students in developing interviewing, planning, and analytical skills in the lawyer-client relationship in the law office. Interviewing and advising are a significant part of most lawyers’ work. The Competition provides an opportunity for a valuable educational interchange between students, law teachers and legal practitioners.
The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers (attorneys/solicitors/legal practitioners), are presented with a client matter. The students conduct an interview with a person playing the role of the client. Students are expected to elicit the relevant information from the client, explore with the client his or her preferred outcome, outline the nature of the problem, and present the client with a means (or range of alternatives, if appropriate) for resolving the problem. The interview with the client is then followed by a post-consultation period during which the students, in the absence of the client, analyze the interview and discuss the legal and other work to be undertaken.
The interview and post-consultation period last a total of 30 minutes. The students are evaluated by a panel of judges. The students are evaluated against specific criteria that emphasize the use of listening, questioning, planning, and analytical skills in a lawyer/client interview. Once the judges have completed their evaluation of the interview, the students are to be called back in and the judges will provide a brief critique of the team’s handling of the consultation and post-consultation periods. The winning team will be provided with a cash prize upto 10,000 Rupees along with the certificates. Also, a cash prize of upto 5,000 Rupees will be given to the runners up and along with the certificates. Besides this, participants will be given participation certificates.
- Only Law Colleges/Universities recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate.
- Only bonafide students pursuing LL.B. Three Year/Five Year Degree programmes inaforementioned institutions, during the current academic year are eligible to participate.
- There can be a maximum 3 Teams from one university/college.
- Each team shall consist of only TWO participants.
- Registration Link : http://bit.ly/nccc-ncu2020
- Registration is on a first come first serve basis and it’s open to first 50 teams.
- Teams/Participants are required to duly fill the Registration Google Form (link given above) along with the Registration Fees of Rs.1500/- via online payment on or before the last date of registration i.e,3rd October 2020.
- The NEFT transaction detail are as follows :
Name of the Institution : The NorthCap University
Name of the Bank : Syndicate Bank
Branch : NCU, Sector 23-A, Gurgaon
Account No. : 82472010013980
IFSC : SYNB0008247
- Winner – Cash Prize upto Rs 10,000 and Certificates
- Runner up – Cash Prize upto Rs. 5,000 and Certificates.
- Participants – Participation Certificates.
Student Media and Communication Head
Email id – email@example.com
Ms. Pallavi Bajpai
Asst. Professor (Senior Scale)
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Deborisha Dutta
Email id – email@example.com
Mr. Himangshu Rathee
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org