UGC NET is a national level examination conducted by the National Testing Agency to select candidates for the post of Assistant Professorship, Junior Research Fellowship or both to work at Indian Universities and Colleges. The exam is conducted twice a year in the month of May and December.
Sample Moot Court Memorials (Best): FREE Download
- (Masters’ in Law or related subjects with a minimum of:
1. 55% (For General)
2. 50% (For OBC/SC/ST/PwD/Transgenders).
- Candidates who are pursuing a Master’s degree or who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed are also eligible for this exam. But, as per the NET Exam eligibility, the PG results must be declared within 2 years from the release date of the UGC NET Result declaration.
- For NET JRF, the age limit is:1.
1. 31 years (For General)
2. 36 years (for OBC/SC/ST/PwD/Female/Transgender)
For Assistant Professor, there is no age limit criteria.
- Holders of a PhD degree who have completed their master’s examination on or before 19 September 1991 (regardless of the date of declaration of results) will be eligible for a 5% relaxation in aggregate marks to be included in the NTA NET.
- 1st Step: Register for Online Registration using your own Email ID and Mobile No. and note down system generated Application Number.
- 2nd Step: Complete the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number.
- 3rd Step: Carefully upload the legible scanned copies of the following documents:
- A recent photograph (in jpg/ jpeg file, size 10Kb – 200Kb)
- Candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb)
- 4th Step: After filling the application form and uploading the relevant documents, candidates are required to proceed with the application fee payment. The payment can be made only through online mode.
– Application fee for the General/ Unreserved: Rs. 1000
-Application fee for the Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL: Rs. 500
-Application fee for the SC/ST/PWD/ Transgender: Rs. 250
To apply, click here
Format of the exam
The test consists of 2 papers. Both the papers will be in the form of objective questions i.e. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). The duration of the paper would be 3 hrs without any break in between the 2 papers.
|Paper 1||100 marks||50 questions||Intends to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate.|
|Paper 2||200 marks||100 questions||Paper 2 – Based on the subject selected by the candidate|
- Mode of examination: The Examination will be conducted in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only.
- Last date to apply: 9th March 2021
- Last date for fee payment: 10th March 2021
- Date of examination: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17 May, 2021
All Upcoming Internship Opportunities for Law Students: Click Here
(Please note: Due to Covid 19, the dates are tentative and subject to revision by the concerned authorities)
About the Author: Kritika Singha is from Symbiosis Law School, Noida. Her areas of interest include Corporate Law and Public International Law.